Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Congratulations to the Milford Hawks Girls 12U team, who won the 2012 Bellingham Fall Ball League in October, by beating Nipmuc 8-4 in the championship game. Good job!
2. Have you lost a purse recently with some cash in it? A good-hearted person turned in a woman's purse found with some cash. If you think it's yours, contact Lt. James Falvey at the at 508-634-2362, ext. 649.
3. As a reminder, don't park on Main Street between Jefferson Street and Beach Street, as construction will be ongoing. The ban is from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. It's a good idea to avoid Main Street on those days, regardless.
4. Looking for a healthy activity for Thanksgiving Day? How about the 3rd annual Turkey Run, and it will benefit local athletics, too. This 5k race has gotten bigger and bigger each year. Proceeds will benefit the Milford High Athletic programs, the student athletes and the MHS Boosters General Fund. The Turkey Day Run Registration Form is here.
5. If you want to keep up with all the news and information in Milford, an easy way is to subscribe to the free weekly or daily e-newsletter. It contains announcements and events, as well as the headlines of the day.