Visiting the Milford Public Schools
- During school hours, all school doors will remained locked and all visitors must use the main entrance at each of the schools;
- Under no circumstances is a staff member allowed to open any door in the school building to let visitors in without following the appropriate protocol;
- Visitors will not be allowed into the building during school hours without a scheduled appointment;
- Families are expected to call ahead or send a note if they need to have their child dismissed as cited in the district attendance policy and in handbooks;
- When arranging a dismissal, include the name of the person who will be dismissing the child so that identification can be verified;
- Please do not use email to communicate last-minute or emergency messages;
- Visitors must be prepared to provide identification as they enter any of the Milford Public School buildings;
- Once checked in through the LobbyGuard system, visitors are expected to wear the printed visitor tag during their visit;
- To the extent practically possible, visitors will be personally escorted by Milford Public Schools personnel while in the building;
- Staff members will provide the secretary with a listing of all scheduled appointments each day;
- If you have changed any of your contact information, please be sure to update that information and promptly return the updated emergency contact form issued at the start of the school year to the school office.
Please be advised that visitors who arrive without an appointment, proper identification, and/or prior notice will experience significant delays and may not gain access to the building.
For visitors to the Milford Community School Use Program, if you would like to visit the office, you may do so between the hours of 2:30 to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.