The Dangers of An Improper Jump Start
Reversing the cables on a car battery caused a minor explosion in the Kohl's parking lot Friday afternoon.
The parking lot outside of Panera Bread was jammed around lunchtime today.
Two vehicles were immobilized after the driver of one tried to jump-start the other, and in doing so, incorrectly connected the jumper cables, police said.
When the positive terminal was mistakenly connected to the negative terminal on the other battery, it caused a minor explosion.
No one was injured.
As winter approaches, more batteries will be in need of a jump start.