Five Businesses Broken In To Overnight
Milford Police found several doors and windows smashed.
Last night officers from the Milford Police Department responded to five break-ins across town.
According to Police Lieutenant James Falvey the break-ins occured between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. this morning.
- The first break-in occured at Main Street Market, 315 market St., at 4:01 a.m. According to police reports the call came after an alarm was activated at the business. A rock was found inside the market, which police believe was used to smash the glass entry door. The cash drawer of the lottery machine had been pried open and a cash register was missing from the store.
- At 4:24 a.m., officers responded to a breaking and entering call from BP Gas, 80 Prospect St. A full report is not yet available but police say the front window to the business had been broken.
- At 4:33 a.m., a caller that lived near West Street Liquors, 61 West St., reported heearing a loud bang in the area. Officers responded and found the cash register nearby at 57 West St.
- At 6:37 a.m., officers responded to a breaking and entering call from Sunoco at 100 East Main St. Money was reported stolen from the register.
- The final break-in occured at Carquest, 336 Main St. and was reported at 6:59 a.m. The front window of the business was found smashed.
Officers from the department are working on completing reports from all of the incidents, more information will be provided as it becomes available.