5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 5
The after-school program at Milford Youth Center is open for business.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The Milford Youth Center has started its after-school program. The center will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. daily on weekdays. Youth must bring a filled out and signed registration form in order to attend the center. Click here for the September calendar. The Milford Youth Center offers a variety of free services for local youths, ages 8 to 18, including tutoring, sports, fitness and nutrition programs.
2. The Milford High School Boosters will meet at 7 p.m. tonight at Milford High School. The agenda includes discussion of fundraisers, such as the Porketta Dinner and the Turkey Day 5K, as well as a financial review of 2011-12.
3. Congressional candidate Joseph P. Kennedy III will stop briefly in Milford on Wednesday, at the Milford Senior Center. He is expected to stop by at 1 p.m., just before the seniors play bingo, according to his campaign.
4. Y.O.U. Inc. in Milford has an Education for Employment program that is designed to help youths ages 16 through 21 who have dropped out of school. The program includes GED preparation, life skills and social skills training, career assessment and job training. For more information, please click here.
5. The Milford High School Class of 1992 is planning its 20th reunion dinner and party. Please see the announcement if you are a member of the class.