5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 8
The area had a first snow Wednesday, which looked great from inside warm homes and businesses.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Milford area had its first snow Wednesday, part of a Nor'easter that covered much of southern New England. Milford was expected to receive about 4 to 8 inches before it ends early this morning. A winter weather advisory is in effect until 7 a.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The Patch Photo Contest this week is Baby Photos. Already, 49 photos have been entered. Submit a photo of your baby, or one you have permission to photograph, for a chance to win a $25 gift card. Last week, the winner of the Sports Photo Contest was AJT, who took a photo of the winning Boys U9 Baseball Team in Marlborough.
3. If you live in Milford, and you park on the street or in a driveway, you need to lock your doors and remove valuables. Overnight Tuesday, several dozen people had their cars rifled through on streets including Eben and Purchase. Most of the theft victims had left the doors to the vehicles unlocked.
4. A mention in the Five Things column Tuesday about the Thanksgiving Day 5K Turkey Run to benefit Milford athletics contained a broken link to the event registration form. For information, visit www.MHSBoostersClub.com.
5. Are you the parent of a seventh- or eighth-grader? Blackstone Valley Tech will hold an open house and parent applicant night from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Nov. 28. The evening is a chance to tour the school in Upton, and collect information on the vocational and technical education system.