5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 29
The Blessing House thrift shop is expanding into a new space in the Big Lots plaza.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations
1. Almost two years after opening a thrift shop in downtown Milford, the Blessing House is expanding into a much larger space in the Big Lots plaza, next to the Ace Hardware store. The original shop in Milford, on Central Street, is now closed. The new space is expected to have a grand opening in early December, and will include merchandise from the shop in Bellingham, which will be consolidated into the Milford retail space.
2. The Milford High School Theater Workshop will present its fall musical: "Ain't She Sweet," beginning Friday. The musical will be presented at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 and will have a 2 p.m matinee on Saturday, Dec. 1, as well as a 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1 show. Tickets are at the door, $10 for adults, and $5 for students.
3. The youth services staff of Milford Town Library again this year are collecting hats, mittens, gloves and scarves for the annual Mitten Tree, located in the Children’s Room. Donations for the tree will be accepted until Friday, Dec. 21.
4. Are you interested in helping the town review spending requests? The Capital Improvement Committee has two openings. Please visit the town website and fill out an application for the town's Talent Bank.
5. Cat people in Milford are all over this week's Patch photo contest, which features photos of your felines. Upload a photo of your cat for a chance to win a $25 gift card.