5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 28
The pretty snowfall overnight should be gone by Wednesday afternoon. Enjoy while it lasts.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations
1. Milford had a snowy day and night Tuesday, but the forecast for Wedesday will melt most of the accumulation. The high is expected to be 40 degrees, and any snow this morning will change to rain by noon.
2. Two teams with Milford Youth Football and Cheer are heading to the national cheerleading competition in Florida Dec. 8. The girls will be fundraising over the next week to help defray costs of the trip. If you'd like to make a small contribution, see their website at www.milfordayfc.com.
3. State Sen. Richard Moore (D-Uxbridge) cut the ribbon Tuesday on a new MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinic at the CVS in Uxbridge. The Uxbridge clinic is the first of three MinuteClinic locations to open in Worcester County before the end of the year.
4. The Milford Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its business after hours event Wednesday in Bellingham, at Marshall's Jewelers, 191 Mechanic St. The event will be catered by Risotto's. The event costs $10 for members; $25 for non-members.
5. Looking for a handy guide for Christmas related events this weekend? Dec. 1-2 is the weekend for meeting with Santa Claus, watching the Welcome Santa Parade and numerous church fairs and bazaars. See our guide for more details.