5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 1
Both Joseph Kennedy III and Sean Bielat were in town Wednesday. Today it's Scott Brown, in Milford this morning to pick up an endorsement.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. U.S. Sen. Scott Brown (R-Wrentham) will stop by Johnny Jacks Restaurant this morning, along with Maine colleague Sen. Susan Collins, to collect an endorsement from the Milford Police union. Brown is expected to be at the restaurant from 10 to 11 a.m.
2. The Milford School Committee meets tonight at 7 at Milford High School. The agenda includes an update about the opening of school from the Brookside and Memorial School principals, and an update from the safety and security subcommittee.
3. A rash of car break-ins has been reported this week, particularly in the Plains area of Milford. Some owners reported the thief or thieves rifled through their glove boxes. Others said that change or GPS was taken.
4. A reminder that the Milford Police Department is now maintaining Facebook and Twitter accounts. Both were updated frequently during Hurricane Sandy, providing residents with feedback on power outages and other news.
5. The Friends of the Milford Upper Charles Trail rescheduled the fall cleanup of the trail to Saturday, knowing that Hurricane Sandy would make a mess of any cleanup efforts last weekend. Volunteers should meet at Fino Field at 9 a.m.