5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 4
Milford Selectmen tonight are expected to listen to a presentation from an attorney specializing in gaming related development.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Selectmen will meet tonight, and are expected to hear a presentation from a Chicago-based law firm with some expertise in gaming negotiations. On recommendation of its town counsel, the board is looking at hiring a firm that has experience in gaming. The expense is expected to be reimbursed by the casino applicant.
2. The Friends of the Milford Upper Charles Trail will host a symposium on Tuesday, to gather together representatives of other towns with connections to the former rail trail. The discussion will include options for the future.
3. The Milford Area Chamber of Commerce is now on Twitter. If you are a business owner, or manager, consider following them for the latest networking updates.
4. The Milford town census is being collected this month. You should have had a form mailed to your address. Return it to the Milford Town Clerk's office.
5. The Milford Public Schools has announced its Kindergarten Registration dates. Check the dates and get your information together if you have a child entering Kindergarten this fall.