5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 19
Milford TV will rebroadcast the selectmen's meeting featuring Casino-Free Milford several times this week.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. If you missed the Milford Selectmen's meeting Monday night on Milford TV, or couldn't squeeze into the selectmen's meeting room, and want to watch the presentation made by Casino-Free Milford, the meeting will be re-broadcast several times this week, including twice on Wednesday. See the Milford TV schedule for specific times.
2. The warrant for the Annual Town Meeting in Milford will close on Thursday.
3. Town Administrator Louis Celozzi marked his final meeting with the Board of Selectmen on Monday. Celozzi is retiring later this month. Selectmen all wished him well. "You've made Milford a better place for all of the residents," said Selectman Dino DeBartolomeis. "We have a special, unique community and you've been a part of it." In his comments to the board, Celozzi said: "It's been a pleaure."
4. On Friday, March 29, from 10 a.m. to noon, a welcoming reception will be held at Milford Town Hall for incoming Town Administrator, Richard Villani. Villani has been taking part in meetings and working alongside Celozzi for the past several weeks.
5. Milford Selectmen on Monday approved the transfer of a liquor license to the Crystal Room, at 49 Cedar St., which will operate as a function hall.