5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 20
If you have an interest in serving the town in a volunteer role, several boards and commissions have vacancies.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford has several openings on appointed boards and councils, including the Commission on Disability, the Fair Housing Committee, and the Milford Cultural Council. If you are interested in serving on any of these, send a letter of interest and qualifications to the Milford Selectmen's Office.
2. A reminder for people who live in the Cedar Street area: Milford Police will be conducting firearms training, outdoors, from 7 to 11 p.m. this week.
3. The second annual Youth Football Camp at Framingham State University will be held on July 23-26 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. (rain or shine) at Framingham State University's Maple Street Field. This is a non-contact camp open to players ages 8 to 15. Camp participants at all positions will work with college coaches and players to improve their skills through a variety of drills. If interested in attending, please email FSU Offensive Coordinator Aynsley Rosenbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
4. Are you interested in serving on the Woodland School Building Committee? The town Selectmen will appoint three representatives, and letters of interest are being accepted through July 2. The building committee will determine what kind of addition, or renovation, or new construction, should be built to replace the existing Woodland Elementary School.
5. If you are a runner who wants to run the Falmouth Road Race, but got shut out, Rockland Trust is running a contest at its branches this week that may result in a race number. The winners will receive a race number and a Rockland Trust racing jersey. Rockland Trust is the sponsor of the wheelchair division at the road race, expected to draw 12,000 runners on Aug. 12.