5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 9
Nine people have submitted credentials and want to be appointed by Milford Selectmen to the Woodland Elementary School Building Committee. The board will appoint three representatives.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Selectmen meet at 7 p.m. Monday, and the agenda includes an update on the certification process for Milford Town Library and a proposal forwarded from the Renewable Energy Committee that could lead to a partnership between Milford and a solar power project.
2. Nine people have submitted letters of interest to be appointed by selectmen to the Woodland School Building Committee, which will take up the issue of whether to replace or renovate the existing school. The Milford Selectmen will appoint three representatives to the panel, and one must have building, construction, engineering or architecture experience. An appointment is expected to be made Monday.
3. A homeowner on Dewey Circle, thankful to the two firefighters who unlocked his door after he and his wife got locked out in June, have given the Milford Fire Department a $25 donation. The gift is expected to be accepted by Milford Selectmen Monday.
4. The Milford Rotary will continue to accept registrations today for swimming lessons at the Fino Memorial Pool. The program runs for two weeks, Monday through Friday, and children must be ready to enter kindergarten or older. For more information, see the club's announcement.
5. The weather forecast for the work week is sunny skies with temperatures in the mid-80s, according to the National Weather Service. Friday will be a little more hot, with temperatures expected to reach the upper 80s.