5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 16
Forget that resolution: Girl Scout cookies are here.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Girl Scout cookie sales will begin on Friday, and in Milford, you will see the cheery salespeople at Big Lots from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. To find a sale, visit the handy website www.girlscoutcookies.org.
2. The Milford Community School Use Program will offer ballroom dancing, line dancing and Latin dancing.
3. The Greater Milford Community Chorus will have rehearsals on Wednesday for new members. All sections are needed: soprano, alto, tenor and bass. Rehearsals begin at 7:15 p.m. at Memorial School.
4. Make sure you drive carefully this morning. Snow is expected to arrive in time for the morning commute and Milford could get several inches by day's end.
5. A reminder on the Milford town website: real estate and personal property tax bills for 3rd Quarter of FY 2013 are due and payable by Friday, Feb. 1. And applications for abatement are due to Board of Assessors by Feb. 1.