5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 11
Timothy Hoppe, of Milford, is one of the state's newest lawyers, and Dunkin Donuts will pair up with the American Red Cross for a blood donation promotion today.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Are you so addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee that you'd give blood for some? Today is the day. A promotion to entice more people to donate blood will provide all blood donors today at Gold's Gym with a pound of coffee. The blood drive, associated with the American Red Cross, runs from 2 to 7 p.m.
2. Richard Cenedella, an incumbent member on the Milford Board of Sewer Commissioners, has pulled papers to run for re-election. See the other potential candidates here.
3. Timothy Hoppe of Milford and Chicago, IL, recently took the oath in the state Supreme Judicial Court to become a member of the Massachusetts Bar. Hoppe, a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross, is the son of Michael and Debrah Hoppe. He is the former aide to state Sen. Richard T. Moore (D-Uxbridge).
4. A Children's Concert will be held Saturday at the First Unitarian Universalist Church. It is fun, and designed for children aged 3 to 13. Tickets are $5 for children or students/$10 for adults.
5. A Coffee House night, featuring music by performers from the Music Nook, will be at First Congregational Church of Milford on Jan. 19. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. and a $5 donation will be collected at the door.