5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 19
State Sen. Richard Moore and his colleagues took part in an awareness campaign for women and heart disease.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Registration for the Milford Town Library Spring Storytime begins today and will end with a lottery on March 1. Parents and caregivers may register their children in person, by phone at (508) 473–2145 ext. 216 or online at www.milfordtownlibrary.org. When registering online, please fill out the registration form on the Children’s page and e-mail the information to the Children’s Room by clicking on this registration link http://www.milfordtownlibrary.org/register-for-programs/
2. State Sen. Richard Moore (D-Uxbridge) and other state employees and officials stood recently for a photo at the State House Goes Red for Women event, part of the American Heart Association campaign to raise awareness of heart disease.
3. Signups for the 2013 season of Milford Softball are now active through the website www.milfordsoftball.org. Tryouts start on March 18. Coach Brian Macchi and the D1 Champion Varsity Softball Team will be helping out at a Fielding and Hitting Clinic on March 19.
4. Matthew Hanna, a freshman at Catholic Memorial School in West Roxbury, has been named to the honor roll for the second quarter, according to a news release.
5. The Milford Planning Board will meet Tuesday. The agenda includes discussion of a site plan waiver for Eaton drug stores for a site on Maple Street.