5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 1
On Saturday, the Milford Town Library will feature David Polansky, and his original songs and stories for children, as part of "Take Your Child to the Library Day."
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The IRS is now processing tax returns, after a delay caused by Congress acting on a budget plan. Returns are due April 15, but if you expect a refund, why wait?
2. A Milford teenager was one of the youths featured on the new episode of Beyond Scared Straight, a show on A&E that is co-produced by Paul Coyne, who is a Milford High School graduate himself.
3. Milford TV has a service that allows people to view on YouTube its tapings of government and community events, and you get an email when a new video is posted. Monday's Board of Selectmen meeting, for example, is now available if you missed it. Go to Milford TV and sign up for "My Milford TV."
4. Milford Community School Use has several openings in its classes for winter adult education, including QuickBooks for small business owners, and Small Business Marketing and the Internet. See the Community Use website for sign up information.
5. Introduce your child to the Milford Town Library in a fun way. At 10:30 a.m. Saturday, an observance of "Take Your Child to the Library Day" will feature singer/songwriter, trumpeter, and keyboard player David Polansky, who will present a musical story hour featuring his original songs and stories. The event is free and doesn't require registration.