5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 8
Winter travel is here. Drive more slowly than the speed limit says.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Natonal Weather Service changed its forecast for eastern Massachusetts, which is now expected to get rain, not snow, Thursday morning. State Police advise caution, and motorists should travel slower than the posted speed limit because black ice may be a problem.
2. A reminder to people who park on town streets overnight: don't do it anymore. The winter parking ban is in effect. Town lots are available.
3. If you have never seen The Nutcracker ballet, you are missing a part of Christmas. And a trip to Boston isn't even required. The Greater Milford Ballet Company will produce the Nutcracker this weekend in Mendon. Tickets are still available.
4. Creative Community Childcare will have a family-friendly crafts making activity at 3 p.m. Saturday. The non-profit requests a $5 donation to cover supplies.
5. A reminder for people mailing letters to family out-of-country, or military personnel: Saturday is the deadline to send both your first class mail and your Express Mail to military APO/FPO/DPO AE addresses as long as they are not in Iraq or Afganistan. Also, Express Mail sent by this date is your only option to reach Central and South America by Christmas.