5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 5
The Woodland School Building Committee meets Wednesday, and may select a project manager.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Woodland School Building Committee meets at 7 tonight, and the panel is expected to dicuss selection of a project manager. This is the firm that would examine options for new construction or renovation, and make recommendations to the committee.
2. Do you ride a motorcycle? An insurance settlement could benefit you. According to a press release from the state Attorney General, Massachusetts motorcycle owners will receive more than $2.8 million in insurance refunds as a result of settlements with two insurance companies — Amica and Encompass Insurance, a subsidiary of Allstate — that allegedly overcharged thousands of policyholders.
3. The Milford Performing Arts Center will present "Another Christmas Carol" on Dec. 14-16. Along with the show, the event will include face-painting, games and refreshments.
4. Are you part of an engaged, military couple? A bridal center in Andover is holding a video competition for a Military Dream Wedding Giveaway. Videos explaining your story as a couple should be uploaded by Dec. 15. For more information, see the details here.
5. Have you ever wanted to walk out of a grocery with $200 worth of food for mere dollars? Maybe the latest trend, extreme couponing, is a skill worth picking up. Milford's Unitarian Universalist Church will offer an extreme couponing class in early January, for a $20 fee to benefit Special Community, a program for families with children with special needs.