5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 3
Tuesday is National Cookie Day!
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Selectmen meet at 7 tonight. The agenda includes license renewals for businesses in town, and an update on zoning restrictions for marijuana dispensaries, which already have started opening in the state. A physician's office in Framingham recently started accepting new clients for medical marijuana.
2. A new yoga studio, Truth Yoga Studio, has opened in Milford and will celebrate its opening with free classes this month. The next is scheduled for Wednesday.
3. Do you like cookies? Who doesn't right? Tuesday is National Cookie Day. If you are in the vicinity of a Quiznos (none are in Milford, unfortunately) the company is offering a free cookie with a sandwich purchase Tuesday.
4. Friends of the Milford Upper Charles Trail will meet for the first time in two months, on Tuesday. The agenda includes discussion of maintenance. Walden Woods is one of the recent Adopt-a-Trail partners, and will maintain a portion of the trail on the Hopkinton leg.
5. A reminder that the winter parking ban is now in effect in Milford, and will remain in effect, regardless of weather conditions, until March 15, 2013. The ban requires people to remove their cars from streets from midnight to 6 a.m. daily. Thirteen cars were ticketed early Sunday for violating the ban, which is needed for snow plows to have access to clear streets.