5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 26
Boy Scouts in Milford will collect spent Christmas trees for a modest donation on Jan. 6.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. A reminder that trash will be collected this week from Wednesday through Saturday on a one-day delay, meaning if your trash was normally picked up on Tuesday, it will be picked up on Wednesday instead, and so on. The same thing will happen next week, because of the New Year's Day holiday.
2. Now that Christmas has ended, you may be looking for a way to retire the tree. The Boy Scouts will collect trees in Milford for a donation of $8 on Jan. 6. See the announcement for more details.
3. The Greater Milford Community Chorus is looking for more members. If you can carry a tune and love singing, join the group for the Spring Concert. No auditions are necessary. Open enrollment for new singers are the first three Wednesdays in January: Jan. 9, 16 and 23. Rehearsals are held from 7:15 to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. For more information contact president Linnea Silvia at 781-504-7300.
4. A winter storm is on the way, and expected to arrive tonight. Milford is expected to get between 3 and 7 inches, mostly after 7 p.m. More snow is expected Saturday into Sunday.
5. If you are looking for ideas to keep the kids entertained this week, other than playing with Christmas toys, find some ideas here.