5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 18
A house on South Main Street that has a yard full of inflatable decorations has been voted the best 'Decked' house in Milford.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Milford Schools Superintendent Robert Tremblay spoke live Monday night on WBZ Radio, a nationally-broadcast show, as part of a program on school security. The superintendent fielded calls from parents in Massachusetts, including Milford, as well as Fort Lauderdale, FL and other cities. The host chose Tremblay after seeing his messages sent to parents about school security this weekend.
2. A house on South Main Street with a yard filled with inflatable decorations was voted the most 'Decked' house in Milford, based on votes tallied by the Sunday deadline in the Patch "Deck the House" contest. The house isn't among the 24 national finalists, but you can view them and vote for your favorite here.
3. UniBank has contributed $5,000 to Veterans Inc. of Worcester, which helps to transition veterans out of homelessness and into job training. It is the largest organization providing housing and support services to veterans and their families.
4. Interested in running the Boston Marathon? The American Liver Foundation still has spots on its team, which raises funds and awareness for fighting liver disease.
5. One of the Boston TV stations got a little confused Monday, and said Milford had delayed school by two hours due to road conditions. They meant the other Milford — the one in NH. This seems to be a frequent mistake. Last week, a woman reported a crime to Milford Police, one that took place in Milford, CT.